Friday 16 August 2013

blisters

"Just a friendly reminder that your laboratory work should be finished by this Friday/weekend"...

My MInfec Dis deadline is supposed to be today and this email was just the what I needed to read yesterday whilst I re-blistered my blisters opening 300 tubes with my left hand whilst obtaining RSI pippetting with my right.


The problem with that email is that five minutes before it I received an email confirming my final environmental testing session, which is going to happen next Tuesday. Which means another 7-10 days of lab work after that, plus some final molecular work when I get back from Canberra...

Apparently the purpose of a lab work deadline is to give us sufficient time to focus on the writing of our dissertation. Haha, yeah right, making me stop doing lab work is not going to stop my procrastinating from writing. This blog post is a perfect example of my procrastination from writing.

But that's okay, in the end I will get sufficient results to prove that there are bugs in the environment that cause diarrhoea, and I shall have written and submitted my dissertation. Then I shall be a Master of Infectious Diseases. Mwah ha ha. 

1 comment:

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!