Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lemon Coconut Biscuits

Long, long time ago, on a post back when, I said that I will be baking my way through the Australian Women's Weekly Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits #thebigbiscuitbakeoff...

Finally I dared to start this enormous challenge, and I think it went well. I don't plan on giving you the recipe, as I think copyright laws would frown upon that, but if you want to make these yourself you can find the recipe on page 35 of the cookbook. But here's some photos of my attempt with some thoughts on them:

1. Cutting out the biscuits was a bit fiddely
2. Brushing them with egg yolk left me with one egg white...
3. Don't make the curd, leave it to cool, and then reheat it... turns a weird green colour. 

The finished product!

Really tasty biscuits, would definitely make them again when I'm in a need of distraction or procrastination. Whilst I baked these biscuits, I also managed to bake two cakes, a loaf of bread and roast some chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and cranberries... Yeah, didn't want to be packing for my trip to Canberra (will upload photos from that later, I promise).

One month until MInfecDis thesis is due #thesiscountdown, am getting slightly worried but I know everything will turn out fine in the end. Can't believe I've almost finished! I'm sure that throughout the next month I will be baking a lot more due to increasing stress and procrastination! Watch this space/hashtag people!

1 comment:

  1. Hahah during my thesis I ended up baking on multiple occasions - even bread which I never thought I'd do. It's a great distraction!

    All the best in the lead up to finishing - it's a great feeling :)

    ReplyDelete

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!