Friday 24 January 2014

yet another list

There's no denying it, I love to make lists.

And as per tradition, each year I make a list of things to do before my next birthday. It started when I was 17, so I could say I'd done things before I was legal, and then so I could say what I'd done as a teenager, and then before I turned 21, and it just kept going and going.

Some years I am more successful than others. Some years I am lazy and put things on there that I know are inevitable (like last year I put "finish one Masters degree). Some times I put things on their that are just plain stupid (going to a nudist beach?) and other times things that are not (save over $2,500).

However, as this year is already booked with three major dates, and the big 3-0 looming ever closer, I have decided to amalgamate the next two years into one giant list - things to do before I'm thirty.

Can you believe this little girl will be 28 in two weeks?!
The idea came up last night over dinner with friends when discussing the fact that you can't get working holiday visas after the age of 30 and so it'd be stupid for me not to take the opportunity next year to take some time off after graduating and work overseas for fun (Argentina, France, Chile, Germany... there's so many options)

My three major dates
I've already had some input, but am looking for more ideas. I'll have the list up as a separate page on this blog, and then whenever I achieve something I'll update you about it.

FYI, my birthday is in 16 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!