Tuesday 7 October 2014

it's been a long time

"shouldn't have left you, without a strong beat to step to, step to, step to"....

Whaddup people? I know, it's been ages since I have written here, but never fear, I am here now, so we can dust ourselves off and try again. So what's happened since I last time I wrote?

1. I went to Argentina! With no formal plans, I learnt that I am capable of being flexible, going with the flow and am okay with just taking life slowly and missing out on things. I met amazing people and ate amazing food and fell in love with one of my most favourite cities I've been to so far. One day I want to live in Buenos Aires, it's such a beautiful city. 

at Tres Frontiers
 2. I've moved... Whilst in Argentina I learnt the owners of my house were selling it and we had to move out. This was sad news, as I've never lived anywhere else in Perth, and we had to give ManCat away. But thankfully I had already agreed to house sitting for six weeks in Oct/Nov, and the amazing lady said I could just move in early and stay a bit longer until...

3. I move back to Melbourne in December! Mum and Dad have agreed to take back their boomerang child for a few months whilst I finish writing my articles and any changes in my thesis required after the examiners comments. Why only for a few months?

4. I've been accepted for a year long internship working in Kenya! Yep, from February 2015 I'll be working with the Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD) in Kakamega, Kenya, doing infectious disease epidemiological research. Can you believe it?! I'll actually be doing what I've always dreamed of! 

So there you go, that's all my news so far I think. I will be writing a post about my Argentina trip and another one on what I'll be doing in Kenya soon, because I'll be needing all of your help in order for me to get there! 

But for now I shall leave you with these wise words

"If at first you don't succeed, you can dust yourself of and try again, dust yourself of and try again, try again" Aaliyah, Try Again. 


Thesis countdown is at 44 days (far out brussel sprout). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!