Friday 14 June 2013

I'm a big kid now


I finally started working at the Communicable Disease Control Directorate of the Department of Health.

How cool does that sound?!

The other cool thing about it is that I'm finally working somewhere I'm not allowed to wear jeans, ie a grown up job. I know that wearing office clothes will get old sooner or later, but right now it's rather exciting.

No more jeans and runners for me!
This whole idea of growing up has been a recurring theme the last few weeks in my life.

The other day Supervisor T said to me "You're an adult, you can go to the meeting on your own. It's time for you to grow up", and a gain a few days later on a different topic: "just make a decision already, that's how grown ups do it".

Gees, thanks Supervisor T. Brilliant advice. This from the man who completed his PhD before I was even born (that fact shocked me when I found out the other day!).

My colleague said to me this morning that to her I am a little girl.

Argh!

I guess there will always be people that are older than me, so I shouldn't be too shocked by those comments. But one day I'd like to be a medium-sized girl. That's all.


1 comment:

  1. Hahah I know what you mean - I get annoyed at not being taken seriously, but I still don't really have to wear office-y clothes yet or look like a grown up!

    ReplyDelete

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!