Monday 10 June 2013

movin' up nothing can hold me down...

Now I've got that song stuck in your head eh? If you don't remember the awesomeness that was, I suggest you click here.

I'm slowly learning that things in the research/government world move really slowly... But when it does happen it's great and I to sing that song to myself each time.

The last few weeks have been evidence of things "movin' on up":

  1. I got 82% on my Literature Review for my smaller dissertation, which is worth 30% of the project mark. The feedback was just that there were minor grammatical and formatting issues.
    I had to kill several trees when handing in this Lit Review...
  2. My meeting with the Care Group that I am doing research in went really well, with my protocol being accepted by them, which means I head to the scary land of applying for ethics. 
  3. I have a second placement supervisor, which means my opportunities on the field have broadened exponentially (see Figure 1).  
  4. Because of point 2, I shall be working 2 days a week at the Communicable Disease Control branch of the State Health Department (DoH), which gives reason to why the number of opportunities in training becomes incredible. 
  5. Because of point 3, I get to start wearing work clothes, ie not jeans. Excitement!
  6. I have an opportunity to help another branch of the DoH with their surveillance data which will be really interesting and give me a chance to work on my stats capabilities. 
    Figure 1. Opportunities in Field Training with 1 or 2 supervisors
"the things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed" Habbakuk 2:3 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!