Monday 1 July 2013

happy new year!

For those of you who are not Australians, you're probably thinking "um, Anita, it's July 1..." but in Australia it's the first day of the financial new year!

So what's the big deal about that? Hmmm, not much in my world, other than I forgot to buy a new external hard drive before today so I won't be able to claim it as a tax write-off this year.

The biggest thing about July 1 for me is that the new Blackberry Q10 is supposedly available today! Yes, I am a Blackberry fan, and no, I will not see my ways and get an iPhone/Samsung/whatever crappy full touchscreen bullpucky you're trying to convince me of... give me my clicky qwerty keypad any day.

I say supposedly because my phone provider of choice has been telling us for days to "stay tuned" in regards to their release information, despite the fact that Blackberry Australia has been telling us for days that it will be released today. In fact, when I rang up the company city store, they told me that they wouldn't be getting the Q10 for several weeks as the opposition had exclusive rights on the phone. I questioned the poor girl on that fact, and she then put me on hold, coming back acknowledging that I was right, and she was shocked that they hadn't been told.

How do I know this? Well, if you're following me on twitter you would know that I have been pestering them endlessly, both Blackberry and my phone company. It's rather frustrating - I would have loved to have lined up outside the city store to get my hands on the new Q10 early this morning. Instead, I am left with venting my frustration.

Hopefully the next time I type to you will be to rave about how awesome my new phone is. 

1 comment:

  1. I know a few people who will die clutching their blackberry. You like what you like right?

    ReplyDelete

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!