Sunday 21 July 2013

seven hundred and thirty days

Over seven hundred and forty days ago I used Google to search for a Church close to me that not only could I get to via public transport, but somewhere I could call home. 

Seven hundred and thirty days ago I walked in the doors of the church Google suggested to me with my friend Deb Deb and we sat through what just happened to be their Young Adults service - great timing for someone who is a Young Adult looking for a place to make friends and call home. We sat through the service and enjoyed the music and thought it was a great service. 

At the end of the service, the exuberant Senior Pastor of the church tracked us visitors down like a homing missile, asking us lots of questions and introducing us to people. Eventually we made our way to the bus stop across the road from the Church ready to head back home. Instead, a tall young man runs across the road, asks us if we were just at church, and if so would we like to come to lunch? 

That day I met the people who would turn out to be some of the most important people of my life. That day I found home. 

Today was our Young Adults service at that same church only two years later. Over the past two years I've gone from sitting alone in the service to singing in the band on stage; from walking out with not knowing anyone, to feeling a part of the family and inviting others to join.

I just want to take the time to thank everyone at my church, all the amazing friends I've made and to the families who have welcomed me in with open arms and beautiful hugs. Thanks for the teams I'm serving on, and my leaders, for allowing me to grow and try things. I am truly blessed to have had google direct me to you. 

1 comment:

  1. Hazzah! I got a mention! =)

    I'm glad you're enjoying life in Perth. I know life hasn't been the smoothest of rides but you're in it, that's all that matters!

    Love you lots Anita!


    ReplyDelete

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!