Wednesday 24 July 2013

bonjour!

I finally did it - I started French class last Monday.

I say finally because I was supposed to start way back when with Nette, except I had several lame excuses (mostly money reasons - French classes are NOT cheap!) and now she's got an amazing Frnech accent and I am stuck with learning "un, duex, trois". But we all have to start somewhere...

Ooh la la, me in Paris, Jan 2011
The whole reason behind my learning French is to make my application look a little stronger compared to others when applying for jobs at the WHO and MSF etc. The bonus is that when I go to Paris this January I should be able to ask basic questions and not sound ridiculous.




3 comments:

  1. Hola! Haha...Seriously the only words I know in French are as follows:

    1. Bonjour
    2. (how are you the colloquial way & response, but I don't know how to spell it)
    3. Et toi?
    4. Un, deux, trois
    5. Bonsoir
    6. Merci
    7. S'il vous plaît
    8. Je m'appelle Deb
    9. Bon appétit
    10. Je ne sais pas

    And I had to look all the spelling up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've just listed what I learnt in my first French lesson, all of which I remember from High School.

    A plus tard mon amie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres bon! Je ne parle pas Francais. Je parle Anglais et Allemagne. Parlez tu Anglais ou Allemagne, ma Fille?

    ReplyDelete

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!