Wednesday 25 September 2013

when butter hits the fan

It splatters everywhere and it sticks and can't come off curtains or walls easily - I know this because I had to help clean it up after a schoolie was high and went nuts in his apartment. It also generally leaves a mark.

That's how I felt like yesterday. I felt like I had just walked into an "apartment" (my thesis) and had gone nuts with several pats of soft butter, leaving a giant mess everywhere and leaving me to clean it up.

How on earth do you clean that up?

Well, when I was a Red Frogger I was part of a team. We walked into the apartment ready to help; we were cheery and eager so each of us took to a section of the apartment with paper towel to scrape off the butter and then cleaned it with spray.

Last night I just exploded all over my poor housemate (who is also working on her thesis). It's like I walked into the messy thesis and cracked a hissy fit, refusing to clean up the mess that I didn't really create. Not exactly the most mature of reactions.

So what should I do this for my thesis?

As much as I would love to have a whole team work on my thesis, unfortunately I'm not allowed to. But I am allowed to have people feed back on it, so they will make up my team (feel free to volunteer!). I guess the plan is to just take to it one splat of butter at a time - first with paper towel and then with spray - until I have a nice, shiny and clean smelling thesis.

This is what you get if you google "butter sculptures"
Thanks to Anna-Lena and Kara for calming me down from my freak out. And apologies to Erica for ruining your One Tree Hill time.

#thesiscountdown = 17 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!