Wednesday 5 February 2014

don't take it personally

Remember when you were a kid and you would build a lego house, with windows and walls and bedrooms and kitchens and even a toilet (although not in my brothers house, he just had guns and a crocodile)? Remember when it was time to pack up and you carefully put it back into the box, or on the shelf, so that you can play with it the next day? Remember when you come back to it and someone has stolen your bed/kitchen/toilet/gun/crocodile/favourite yellow person, or it was smashed up, or the baby ate one of the pieces? Remember how heart broken you were? All that time and effort just gone...

That's how I feel pretty much every time my supervisors open their mouths about my work.

I spend my days writing and researching and thinking that these pieces of work are up to scratch, only for my supervisors to knock it back, scratch it out, write all over it and renege on their previous comments.

Thank goodness for my workmates who continue to hold me up, for my friends who take me out, and for my Mum who answers the phone.

I keep picking myself up, brushing it off, tell myself to stop being a princess, to harden up, and to continue working on it. I keep telling myself that they are pushing me to get the best out of me, to learn and grow and make the most of this experience; that it will all be worth it in the end. 

288 days until thesis submission, 309 days until it's all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!