Friday 14 February 2014

ooey gooey

Here is the compulsory blog entry regarding Valentines Day. This year I am happily single and hosting a party where we are watching that "Valentine's Day" movie and playing the drinking game that goes with it.

Rather different from last year's Valentines Day, where I was happily in a relationship and riding on the high of being incredibly spoilt on my birthday 5 days previous. As our birthdays were either side of Valentines Day, we decided not to really celebrate v-day; but I had been waiting a very long time to have a boyfriend on v-day (since I was 17...) and so I had said that I was going to be giving a really stupid present.

What was this stupid present you had been waiting ten years to give?

I can feel your tension! Well, it was...

The Clap Plush Doll

GONORRHEA!

*imagine me falling of chair laughing*

Yeah, well, suffice to say it didn't go down well, and he hated it. Actually, hate is probably not a strong enough word. In hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea - he gave me a card full of the most beautiful words and I gave him a toy of a sexually transmitted disease.

Our relationship didn't last much past this point...

Lesson learnt: if a guy can't find this present funny, then we probably are not on the same wavelength. I have a freaking Masters degree in Infectious Diseases! However, it is important to note that I would NEVER laugh at HIV/AIDS. That shit ain't funny.

2 comments:

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!