Friday 7 March 2014

time to think

I think sometimes we get too caught up in the situation, whatever that may be, and need to step out of it in order to refresh our vision and renew our enthusiasm and just have a change of scenery.

That's why I try and take an overseas holiday (at least) once a year... although this year I'm hoping for more than one... but that is another blog post once things have been finalised!

But it doesn't have to be as grand as an overseas holiday - in fact domestic ones are lovely too. There's nothing better than going home and having coffee and doughnuts with Mum in Melbs when I'm back. Although I suck at getting work done when I'm back home.

Right now I'm in Canberra, which is about 3,700km away from Perth. I've been here for uni, so whilst I haven't actually gotten my head out of my work and all my projects I've got going on (I think there's six?), it's been the removal of distractions, such as the loud tea room or the office with no windows or the stinking heat, that has meant this week has been über productive. 

Here is my office. 

It smells of pine needles and the temperature is perfect - sunny but not burning my skin.

Here's to me getting a lot more of my thesis done so that when I get back I can spend a week with my parents who are coming to Perth for my graduation! woo!

258 days until thesis submission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!