Sunday 9 March 2014

reading the clues

Huge dog, tattoos, another girl in the picture...

Swipe left.

Yes, I've taken the plunge and entered the world of tinder... laugh away but this judgmental social app is really no different on how you rate people in person.

Look like a slob? Won't approach me? Go for a stupid football team? Swear like a sailor? Yeah, that's a swipe left (in real life, I would ignore you and walk away)

Taller, older and have an accent? BOOM, I'm swiping right! (in real life, I shall be flirting like crazy)

What I've learnt in the first 48 hours
Tinder is seriously addictive. And it's not just me who thinks this - my happily married friends love playing with it too.

But the downfalls is that you are glued to your phone - I'm waiting for the flashing red light. I'm turning into one of those gen-Y'ers who always have their phone out and I don't want to be one of those! I'm bad enough with whatsapp and facebook, and I feel like this could consume me.

It's more like a game rather than actual dating, much less serious than other forms of online dating and much easier to start conversations. It's a good way to learn how to make a good first impression, and I love to meet new people.

Whilst I'm in Canberra it's not as though anything will happen; it came about on a tipsy Friday night that the girls convinced me that I should sign up, and being under the influence I did... hahaha! It made for a fun Sunday sesh where we swiped away. But when I'm back in Perth I shall have to learn self-control and not allow myself to get obsessed with it.

For me it's harmless fun - I'm not looking for anything serious, but it's so nice to think that my pics are actually attractive enough for someone to swipe right - talk about ego boosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!