Friday 14 March 2014

cheers

It's Friday afternoon, which in most circumstances calls for trip to the pub, but this particular afternoon definitely calls for a beer as it marks the last lot of classes I have to do for my second Masters degree... the last two weeks have been intense with work reviews and thesis planning and presenting in front of the whole school of epidemiology here at ANU and sitting through hours upon hours of amazing lectures from some of the most prominent epidemiologists from around the world, most who have done this exact same Masters degree.

Betcha you're exhausted just reading that last paragraph!

But it hasn't been all work, I've had some play - dinners with my classmates, movies with Daniel at the outdoor cinema, flirting through Tinder, drinks with Anna-Lena and a roadtrip up to Sydney to see my favourite Dr and her fantastic family... 

So cheers Canberra for the break from Perth, for the rain and the cooler weather (although not your freaking humidity, you can go shove that), for the cheaper coffee, food and alcohol, for the people and the gorgeous lights from Mt Ainslie.

#thesiscountdown = 251 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!