Tuesday 1 April 2014

¿por qué no?

So imagine if you were in a serious relationship with this guy, on the verge of thinking he's the one.

Then you find out something terrible, like your cat has cancer, or your going to lose your job, or you have had everything stolen, or something else terrible that I pray never happens.

But imagine that in this situation, you don't speak the same language, at all.

How do you communicate? How do you express your pain and anger to him? How do you move on? How do you make decisions together?

Sounds far fetched, right? But to me, that's how I view the idea of being in a relationship with a non-Christian.

Because whilst you might think that being a Christian is just that thing I do on a Sunday, to me being a Christian is my whole entire life, shaped by my love for and faith in my God and Jesus Christ.

Sure I don't 'act' like the perfect Christian, trust me I know I consciously make stupid decisions, and it's not like I'm 'religious' or anything, but how can I explain to someone how I make decisions or why I have certain values when they don't even believe in God, or the same god as me. How can I explain that my trust is entirely in my faith, and not in them?

Yes, non-Christians can have Christian-like values, and they might even like the idea of going to church, but if they don't love and have faith in my God, it's never ever going to work for me - we will never be able to communicate exactly on the same level. It's not like I haven't tried, trust me I have, but it comes to a point where you just don't see eye-to-eye on something that is a deal breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!