Friday 28 March 2014

I quit

Three weeks ago, whilst at Honkytonks in Canberra, I downloaded Tinder to my Blackberry.

Yes, I have a Blackberry - no, I don't live under a rock, I just happen to prefer feeling what I'm typing out with my super awesome qwerty keypad. And now that I can install android apps, I have the best of both worlds - suckers!

Anyway, back to the story...

Yes, I downloaded tinder - after hearing some hilarious stories from my friends and witnessing some delightfully sucky romantic couples arise from the social-media-come-dating app I thought I'd give it a go.

It was fun at first - I actually went on four dates in the space of 24 hours during this crazy honeymoon period. But the fun quickly wore off as guy after guy would start chatting to me, only for it to end with me having to declare that I'm not the kind of girl who goes to a strangers house to have sex.

Basically, I just got tired of having to fight to find a decent guy who is looking for something more than that. 

So I deleted my account, removed the app, and I now no longer have tinder.

It was a great ego boosting exercise, and I had lots of fun, but in the end it's just not for me. I want to find the guy who will be my best friend; come travelling with me, listen to my awful jokes, be around and must love God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!