Friday 25 September 2015

nandos corn

One of my favourite take-away foods is the corn from Nandos... charred and spicy, it's so delicious! I don't know about you, but I seriously can't afford to be going to Nandos as much as I'd like - that stuff is ghali!!! But on one random trip down the sauce aisle we found Nandos peri-peri sauce, so whilst I was at my sister's house today helping her de-clutter her wardrobe (which I'm very good at), we made our own version of Nandos corn.



You'll need to get some Nandos peri-peri sauce (we used mild) which you can either purchase it at the Nandos restaurant or check your grocery sauce aisle because maybe they stock it too. And of course you'll need to get some corn - you could use fresh or frozen cobs (we used fresh). If you use fresh you need to take off the outer husk.



After we had boiled it until ready (depends on the size of your cobs), we then slathered the corn with the Nandos sauce and charred using a hot frypan (you could use a griddle but we didn't have one). And waalaa! Homemade Nandos corn! Drench in butter and you've got an incredibly tasty snack (or meal, depends how much you eat...)! Will be eating as much as possible before I go back to Kenya next week, might even take a bottle of sauce and see if it tastes as good on maize... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!