Sunday 9 November 2014

changing the topic

Let us take a break from my whining about my thesis.
So in my quest to learn French, I've discovered French pop music, and subsequently some more colourful words that I wouldn't learn on a typical Monday night.

My favourite is Stromae, especially Formidable


Translated lyrics are here

I like the line "You were wonderful, I was so pathetic, We were wonderful "
It also talks about people being a bunch of monkeys, and being pathetic just because you have a big fancy ring, and some more colourful language *wink wink*

Anyways, back to writing the thesis, back to listening to lots of foreign music that I don't fully understand and so am not fully distracted by... eight more days!

1 comment:

  1. I was quite the fan of the French entry for this year's Eurovision contest. I don't remember who they were but their song was about wanting a moustache. It came last in the final :(

    Not much longer til it's all done! Awesome! Be prepared for the weird anticlimax feeling that comes with submitting

    ReplyDelete

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!