Thursday 6 November 2014

words are just words

I'm sure you will refute the next comment I am about to make, but supposedly it's true...

Apparently I have a "truncated writing style" and do not tell the reader enough - i.e. that I don't use enough words. And this isn't a new revelation, apparently this has been going on for the past two years, and that I haven't improved whatsoever...

Now for those who know me, you know that I love talking, especially when it comes to infectious diseases. So this would come as a shock to you seeings as the above comments are describing my thesis on the "applied epidemiology of infectious diseases in Western Australia"... how could it be true, that I need more words to talk about infectious diseases?

It's comments like this that don't contain instructions on how to move forward that are playing with my mind.

Where words are failing me is describing this overwhelming urge to cry, punch someone, drive really really fast, and hide in my bed until this is all over. How can 60,000 words push someone to the end of their wits? This consuming pit of ugh that feels like "I'm hungry but eating makes me feel sick and I constantly have the shakes"...

I cannot wait until this is all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when you comment; it makes me happy!